The diocese and the central church support the administration and ministry of parish life with an array of resources.
The main Church of Ireland website has downloadable resources covering the following areas: Select Vestries, Parish Finances, Land and Buildings and People and Community.
- Responding to the cost of living crisis
- Guidance to parishes and dioceses who are seeking use of church property to accommodate Ukrainian refugees.
- Keeping your video conference secure
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Social Media Guidelines
- Environmental Sustainability
- Guidelines for the Safe Custody of and Permissions for Copying from Parish Records & Memorials in Burial Grounds
Visit Parish Resources on the Church of Ireland website here.
The diocese has an agreement with Mark Mason Employment Law to provide parishes with access to employment law and HR advice.
Parishes can login to the HR section on this website and download helpful templates of commonly used HR documents such as:
- Statement of main terms of employment
- Handbook of HR Policies
- Job descriptions
- Application forms
The documents will be updated as needed and are strictly available only to parishes within Down and Dromore.
As well as being able to access helpful templates, parishes who want to seek advice on a recruitment procedure or a matter relating to the employment of an employee, will be able to access up to one hour of advice on any particular issue up to a maximum of two issues per year for any one parish.
Down and Dromore Graveyard Regulations
For the benefit of Select Vestries, the Diocesan Council has produced a guide to the Regulations and Charges for Burial Grounds and Gardens of Remembrance.
These general diocesan guidelines will be reviewed triennially by the Diocesan Council.