The diocese commends an accredited Pastoral Carers Training Course which has been well received by our churches. Unfortunately there are no more spaces on the 2022 course but please check back next year.
The course enables participants to develop their understanding of pastoral care from a Christian perspective and to become more effective in relating to and caring for the people and communities around them. It is run by ACC and Pastoral Care NI.
Who is the course for?
- Those who see themselves helping others informally in their daily relationships and who desire to learn more about pastoral care generally without being part of a pastoral care team.
- Those who may be members of a pastoral care team and who desire to learn more about pastoral care in order to help others both informally and formally.
- Those in church leadership or who have specific church roles and who desire to develop their awareness of pastoral care in order to support those for whom they have responsibility.
- Those who wish to help others in specific community and workplace settings and desire to learn more about pastoral care in outreach and mission.
- Those who desire to explore a call to pastoral care.