Diocesan Cycle of Prayer
March 2023> Download Prayer Focus
Glen Community Church5th March 2023
Leader: Stephen Doherty, Assistant Leader: Paul Hawkins
- Give thanks for all our ministries and the faithful volunteers who give up their time for others.
- Give thanks for the opportunities we’ve had to share the Gospel and pray for more of these opportunities.
- Pray that we will continue to strengthen and build relationships within the Glen Estate, with the local Community Association, Community Police, the local Primary School, and the wider community.
- Pray that as a church family we will continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour.
St. Patrick's Day Celebrations12th March 2023
On Friday 17 March, Diocesan Celebrations will be held in Saul & Downpatrick with the theme of ‘Reconciliation’.
- As we focus on reconciliation, pray for our preacher at Holy Communion in Saul, Dean Henry Hull, and for the Prayer Pilgrimage that follows the service.
- Give thanks for the preacher at our Festival Service, The Most Revd Laurent Mbanda, Archbishop of Rwanda, who has helped many in Rwanda deal with the impact and aftermath of the 1994 genocide.
- Please pray that as we consider the painful legacy of ‘The Troubles’ God would move among us to comfort and to heal. Pray too that we would humbly seek to be reconciled with others.
Read 'St. Patrick's Day Celebrations'
Glencraig19th March 2023
Rector: Catherine Simpson
- Give thanks for opportunities to share the Gospel with the wider community.
- Give thanks for our new café style Morning Worship service. Please pray particularly for the growth of our HTG:Kids (Sunday School).
- Pray for Alpha, for our guests and volunteers. Pray that people will come to faith, grow in faith, and be filled and equipped by the Holy Spirit to share their faith in the community.
- Pray for our St Patrick’s Day Community Outreach events with Play it by Ear joining us for our schools events and for our St Patrick’s Messy March kids event in the community on 8th–9th March.
- Pray for our Lenten, Holy Week & Easter Services and outreach programme.
Greyabbey & Kircubbin with Ballyphilip & Ardquin26th March 2023
Rector: Gill Withers
- Pray for wisdom and discernment as we negotiate a new heating system and other works at St. James Parish in Portaferry so that we can open the doors again for worship.
- We give thanks for the Sunday School in Greyabbey and ask for prayer to guide those already involved and for the Holy Spirit to move in the hearts of others for this work.
- Please pray for the ‘Opening Doors’ initiative in Kircubbin, a welcome space to be warm, enjoy one another’s company and enjoy a simple meal together. Give thanks for those who are willing to make soup and those on hand to serve.
- We continue to pray for ‘Youth For Christ’ as they engage with our young people on the Peninsula. We pray that our young people will be guided in the right direction, away from harmful substances or relationships, and from the pressures of social media.
- In this season of Lent we pray for a willingness to go deeper into Scripture and build up our relationships amongst our group of Parishes, so that we will be united in our service and outreach.