Killinchy, Kilmood & Tullynakill5th January 2020
Rector: Stanley Gamble
- Vision: Please pray that God would give us a fresh vision of his plans and purposes as we begin 2020.
- Thanksgiving: Give thanks to God for the completion of the new Livingston Centre at Killinchy Parish Church.
- Intercession: Please ask for God’s healing touch upon those who are ill and in hospital at this time. Please ask for God’s comfort for those who have been bereaved.
- Blessing: Please ask for God’s blessing to be upon the parish, our nation, and the world as we commence a new decade.
- Adoration: Please glorify God for his steadfast love and mercy. May we glorify him not just with our lips but also our lives.
- Confession: May we acknowledge our failings, seek God’s forgiveness, and learn from our mistakes.
Killyleagh12th January 2020
Rector: Colin Darling
- Pray that our Christmas celebrations this year will make a difference to the faith journeys and lives of our members.
- For continued growth in Sunday School numbers and joy in teaching the next generation about Jesus.
- Pray for encouragement for all who serve willingly behind the scenes and visibly in making the parish function.
- Give thanks for members of the community who do not belong to our parish yet volunteer in our charity shop and help lead the youth club.
- Pray that we may worship Jesus not just with our lips, but in our lives, loving as he did.
- Pray for an openness in all aspects of the faith of our parishioners; that we don’t simply do as we’ve always done but have an eye on how we make belonging to this family of faith easier and more fulfilling for all generations.
Kilmore and Inch19th January 2020
Rector: Stephen Smyth
- Give thanks to God for the generosity of support for our Food Bank Ministry which has been running now for five years and meets a very important need in our community.
- Give thanks to God for our Easter Mission with George Newell of New Wine Ireland which included a Pop–up–Café in the Old Post Office building Kilmore.
- Give thanks for our Puppet Ministry Team who have had an extremely busy year with a Workshop Programme conducted in all three local primary schools, culminating in a Christmas production of Bethlehem Rhapsody!
- We thank God for our ministry team of lay readers, evangelist and others who have contributed so willingly to the life of our Parish.
- We thank God for our Theological Student who has now embarked on the process of ordination training.
- Give thanks for the completion of several glebe projects, including a new organ, extension to our car parking, glebe cabin and the rebuilding of a major portion of our graveyard wall.
- Pray that the Lord would continue to lead, guide and protect our two churches as we seek to extend his rule in this part of his kingdom.
Prayers for our new Bishop26th January 2020
Rt Revd David McClay, Bishop of Down & Dromore
The Bishop was consecrated on Saturday 25 January. We pray for him as he embarks upon his episcopal ministry.
- Please pray for David’s wife Hilary and their family; daughter Cherith, her husband Ciaran and their daughter Annie; daughter Ruth and her husband Matthew; son Jordan.
- For David, Hilary and Jordan as they adjust to life in their temporary home before moving to the See House in the autumn of 2020.
- For David as he listens to God for guidance in planning an episcopal visitation of the whole Diocese.
- For David’s teaching and evangelism as ministry in the Diocese unfolds.
- For David’s encouraging, pastoring and equipping of clergy and others in leadership.
- For the putting in place of fresh structures to strengthen mission and ministry in the Diocese.
- For the Diocesan staff team as they transition to David’s leadership.
- For a culture of prayer and dependence on God to mark the commencement of David’s episcopal ministry.
- For the shaping of Diocesan events in 2020 including a week of Bible teaching and a Diocesan Clergy and Leadership Conference.
- For David’s leadership to be marked by godliness, courage and missional zeal.
- For the parishes of Willowfield and St Clements as a new rector is sought for Willowfield.