About Us2nd January 2022
Our focus in the diocese for 2022 is: ‘Making strong all that God has given us and calling into existence all that God desires for us’.
- Please pray that all of us in our parishes and especially all who serve in Select Vestries along with clergy and others in leadership will lean into all that God calls us to be and to become.
- Pray that we prioritise putting our resources, time, talents, and finances into reaching many for Christ, and that we faithfully pass on the faith to the next generation.
- Please pray for the selection, training and equipping of people for ministry in our parishes, the church at large and in society.
- Please pray for the health and wellbeing of clergy and clergy families.
- Pray that our diocesan events in 2022 will all be used by God to strengthen and grow His church and serve to give God great glory.
- Please pray for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit to bring renewal to His church and the equipping of the church to make many more disciples for Christ.
Aghaderg, Donaghmore & Scarva9th January 2022
Diocesan Curate: Rodney Magennis
- Prayer and guidance for the starting of a Joint Youth Fellowship for the whole parish, aiming to start on 23 January.
- Prayerful guidance as we consider starting a Sunday School in Donaghmore Parish.
- Pray for peace for all the families that have been bereaved in recent months and years.
- Pray for an ongoing awakening to the Holy Spirit working in the lives of the people of Aghaderg, Donaghmore and Scarva.
Aghalee16th January 2022
Rector: Paul McAdam
- Pray for the Rector, Revd Paul McAdam and the Parish Reader, June Todd.
- As we prepare to move back into our church building following a year’s closure for restoration work, we thank God for the successful completion of this project and for the improvements to the building.
- We pray that Holy Trinity Soldierstown may be a centre for renewed worship and fellowship; for clear, biblical teaching; and from which we may carry Christ’s love to the surrounding community.
- Please pray that we may have a heart and a vision for reaching out to the local community within Aghalee village; especially reaching young families and encouraging their involvement in the worshipping congregation.
- Please pray for our Sunday School, Girls Friendly Society, Church Lads’ Brigade and Mums & Tots as, emerging from the pandemic, we continue to build up these ministries again.
- Many of our families have lost loved ones recently or been affected by severe or critical illness; please pray for all those who are ill and for those who have recently been bereaved.
Bishop David McClay23rd January 2022
In this week of the 2nd anniversary of Bishop David’s consecration, we pray:
- For blessing, health and protection for Bishop David and his wife Hilary; his daughter Cherith, her husband Ciaran and their two children Annie and Maisie; his daughter Ruth, her husband Matthew and their daughter Katie; and his son Jordan.
- Please pray for wisdom, vision courage and creativity for Bishop David in all his work and all his decisions throughout 2022.
- Alongside praying for the bishop’s leadership in the diocese, please pray for his work in central church alongside the other bishops and in particular his chairmanship of both ‘The Commission on Ministry’ and the ‘Pioneer Oversight Committee’.
Annahilt & Magherahamlet30th January 2022
Rector: Robert Howard
- Pray for our parishioners in these uncertain times, that we would be encouraged and sustained as we worship together.
- We thank God for our leaders and all those who willingly serve the parish family. Bless and strengthen them in their service.
- Please pray that those in our parish who are ill, recently bereaved or lonely may know the presence and peace of Christ.