About Us3rd January 2021
Our focus in 2021 is Building and rebuilding Gods Church for Gods Kingdom:
- Please pray that our parishes, our people, our select vestries, clergy and leaders will rise to the monthly focussed tasks that will be put in place for each month in 2021.
- Please pray for the selection, training and equipping of persons for a variety of ministries.
- Please pray for the strengthening, encouragement, equipping, protection, health and wellbeing of clergy families and all those in church leadership.
- Please pray that diocesan events such as the St Patricks Day Festival, the diocesan Bible Week, ordination services, confirmation services and diocesan prayer initiatives will all serve to glorify God and strengthen his church in 2021.
Belfast: Belvoir 10th January 2021
Rector: Adrian McCartney
- For increased opportunity to engage with our local community – much of our community involvement has shrunk or become transient.
- That we would discover creative ways to support the local economy in this parish.
- For wisdom to go forwards from where we are now rather than back to where we were before.
- The Belvoir COVID cry is ‘Thrive, not survive’. “Lord, we want to learn, deepen, grow and strengthen both now and as we move through this period of exile.”
Braniel Community Church17th January 2021
Leader: James Crockett
Please pray for the following areas:
- Reaching the community.
- Helping the vulnerable.
- Our kids and youth work.
- Our relationship with the school, the community and the other churches in the area.
- The health and well–being of our members and any visitors that join us.
- The newly formed management committee for unity, comradeship and effort.
- For ideas around evangelism.
- For financial steadiness.
- That we would be a generous church.
- That anyone who comes across the church or any member from it would encounter something of the love of Jesus.
Bishop David McClay24th January 2021
In the 1st anniversary week of the Bishop David’s consecration, we pray:
- For blessing, health and protection for Bishop David and his wife Hilary; his daughter Cherith, her husband Ciaran and their two children Annie and Maisie; his daughter Ruth, her husband Matthew and their daughter Katie; and his son Jordan.
- Please pray for wisdom, vision courage and creativity for Bishop David in all his work and all his decisions throughout 2021.
- Alongside praying for the bishop’s leadership in the diocese, please pray for his work at central church alongside the other bishops and in particular his leadership in ‘The Commission on Ministry’.
- Bishop David asks us as a diocese to pray:
- that he would lead well, both in pioneering new initiatives and in building and rebuilding God’s church for God’s kingdom;
- that he would be a godly leader.
Belfast: Cregagh31st January 2021
Rector: Jono Pierce
- We give thanks for people’s generosity in providing for the parish’s needs including a new audio–visual system installed before we reopened in August 2020.
- Please pray for all who have been bereaved during the pandemic.
- Pray for our new Alpha course beginning on Wednesday 6 January.
- Pray that our online services and events would be relevant and helpful for those who dial in to receive them, giving thanks for our technology team and musicians.
- Please pray for wisdom, insight and resources as we consider our future staffing needs.
- Pray for our Sunday school and youth organisations as we try to get going again in person, restrictions permitting.
- Please pray for all going through serious illness and treatment at this time.
- Pray for plans to launch a podcast and the technical skills to make it happen.