Kilmegan (Dundrum) & Maghera5th July 2020
Rector: Chris Carson
- Do keep this historic parish in your prayers. Pray hard for new families moving into the area to make contact with us.
- Pray for God’s favour and grace on all we do for Him, blessing on the monthly pattern of morning worship and for an increased sense of God in the worship times together.
- Pray for the signs and wonders of the Spirit to follow the preaching and reading of His Word.
- Remember too, St Donard’s of Murlough in Dundrum, as we meet there for evening prayer. For a steady influx of new church members and for clear anointing on all our worship times together.
- Ask God to help us develop new patterns of support for the parishes of both Kilmegan and Maghera through the year. Pray for a great response to the letters of appeal that have gone out recently and likewise for an increased response in supporting both parishes from parishoners and the community at large.
Knocknamuckley12th July 2020
Rector: Geoffrey Haugh
- Thank God for his protection for St Matthias Congregation during the COVID outbreak.
- Thank God for those in our parish who quietly and courageously went to work to battle against this virus.
- Pray for a refocusing of people’s hearts and minds on the one true source of comfort and peace during this or any other time of concern; the Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus.
- For our loved ones in care homes, hospital and those confined to their homes. Dispel the loneliness and sustain them with the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Matt 21:13, Jesus lived and died to build his church which is to be a house of prayer. Let us consider deeply how the gospel renews people who are weighed down with sin and despair because of the struggles of life. The gospel offers hope for those who are lost in the darkness of despair.
- Let us encourage and prayerfully uphold Bishop David in this time, as he leads his flock in the shadow of the cross.
Lurgan19th July 2020
Rector: Raymond Kettyle
- Praise and thank the Lord for increased viewing figures online far beyond usual physical attendance.
- Thank the Lord for the enthusiasm and encouragement people have experienced through our ongoing Zoom Bible Study through Acts.
- For protection around the buildings due to recent vandalism.
- Opportunities to engage and build relationship with youths who play out on the front of our church.
- For those who are bereaved or isolated to know the comfort, peace and strengthening presence of the Lord.
- That when we reopen for worship, we would not just 'do church' differently, but that we would find different ways to share Jesus.
- At the beginning of the 'new normal' for His Church, ask that the Lord would fill afresh with the Holy Spirit all those who are currently exhausted. That the weary would be encouraged, equipped, empowered and excited about what God is going to do amongst us.
Ballynahinch: Magheradroll26th July 2020
Rector: Warren Russell
- Pray for our children, their parents, and our Sunday School teachers as we consider how best to adapt to the ‘new normal’ in our parish.
- Pray for the wisdom and presence of the Holy Spirit as we return to Sunday worship services in our church building.
- Pray for the elderly, the sick and those living alone.
- Pray for the local Foodbank and Ballynahinch Community Collective and their volunteers. as they continue to serve those in need in our community.