The St. John’s Church building has a long history. Shankill Parish Church built the building in 1888 to originally be a Mission Hall. But the great need of a National School meant that this is what it came to function as. When the education authorities re–transferred the school back to Shankill Parish in 1935, it became known as the Mission Hall. Then in 1946 it was re–named as Sloan Street Church Hall. It was due to growth in church attendance and in the population of the area that the Parish of St. John’s was born on March 1st 1968.
St. John’s is a growing group of people and there are lots of ways to get involved. Our 11am service is worship for everyone that seeks to engage people of all ages. The focus is on worship, Bible teaching and ministry. Tea and coffee is available after services and gives the chance to connect with other people.
Coming from the motorway, head into Lurgan on the A3 (Portadown Road which becomes Parkview Street) and turn right onto Sloan Street at the traffic lights just before McDonalds. The church is a little way down on the right hand side.
Coming through Lurgan, bear left at Shankill Church and then right at the lights onto the A3 (Edward Street). Look out for McDonald’s and turn left at the lights onto Sloan Street. The church is on the right hand side.
Worship for Everyone @ 11.00 am
(with kids programme)
Evening Prayer @ 4.00pm
(1st Sunday of the Month)
St. John’s Parish Church, Sloan Street, Lurgan, BT66 8NT.