Church of the Annunciation, Knocknagoney Road, Holywood
Office Opening Times:
The Church of the Annunciation Knocknagoney, is situated on the Knocknagoney Road, Belfast. It can be reached by driving for precisely one mile along the Old Holywood Road from Belmont Road (Campbell College end) and turning left at the traffic lights on to Knocknagoney Road. The church entrance is on the right. Alternatively, driving along the Belfast/Bangor Road, turn on to the Knocknagoney Road as if going to Tesco Supermarket. Knocknagoney Church is on the left, at the top of the Knocknagoney Road, just before the traffic lights at the Knocknagoney Road/Old Holywood junction.
- The Reverend Canon David Brown (Rector)
(028) 9076 0420
- David McCartney (Parish Admin)
Tweet to @AslanCentre
Knocknagoney is a church that welcomes everyone. The church is involved with, and cares about, those in the community who do not attend any place of worship. We are a church that lives as part of the community and shows Christ’s love to all. We are seeing people come to know Jesus Christ and grow in their knowledge of him. We run various courses that introduce people to the Christian faith and that builds up those who have come to faith. We meet on Sundays and during the week, in the church, and in the Aslan centre.
We work with local young people in a way that shows the love and grace of Jesus Christ. We have developed a ministry to the many needs of young and old. We are growing in number and spiritual strength as part of the family of God.
We have developed a bio – diversity project through the Goney Honey Project with the cooperation of local residents and Knocknagoney Primary School.
We want more people to recognize the relevance and priority that God should have in their lives. We want people to grow in relationship with Him and to express that worship in true and dynamic forms.
We will continue to to work for the benefit of all in church and community under our stated aims and objectives:
To know Jesus
To show Jesus
To Share Jesus
News & Events
11.30am: Morning Worship
Creche for pre–schoolers
J.A.M. CLUB ( formerly Sunday School)
6.30pm: Informal Evening Worship
- We manage the Aslan Centre and facilitate reconciliation within and across our communities. We are active in promoting community development and the building of positive community relations. We host in the Aslan Centre many random community and church events in addition to the management of the Aslan Centre to host the following organisations and activities on an ongoing basis:
- Parent and Toddlers – Mondays @ 10.00am
- Girls` Brigade – Mondays @ 6.00pm
- Aslan Luncheon Club – alternate Tuesdays @ 12.30pm.
- Aslan Bowlers – Tuesdays @ 7.30pm.
- Slimming World – Wednesdays 5.30–7.30pm.
- Bible Study House Groups – Wednesdays @ 7.30 –9.30pm
- Ticker Club – activities for those with cardio vascular problems. – Thursdays @ 7.00pm.
- Men`s Breakfast First Saturday of the month @ 9.00am
- Our Goney Honey project is ongoing to enhance the the local ecological environment for the benefit of the wildlife and residents of the Knocknagoney / Garnerville estates. e–mail email@example.com
- We are also a member of the Belmont Council of Churches to visit their website please cut and paste the following link into your browser