July & August 2017
Orangefield – 2 July
Rector: Ross Wilson
- Praise God for his blessing over the last term, and for a great Summer Fair which welcomed many of the local community to our church site – pray for building on these links in the future.
- Prayer for the appointment of a Children & Family ministry coordinator and a Youth Intern, which we are currently considering.
- Prayer for those of us heading off to New Wine, that God would meet us and that we would be refreshed and equipped for the future
- For the prayer life of the church to grow and deepen.
- That God would raise up leaders for our next steps as a church – in worship, evangelism and discipleship across the whole church.
Rector: John Auchmuty
- For the good fellowship and strengthening of relationships throughout the parish.
- For the increase of support given by parishioners to the work of the ministry in the parish, through generous giving of their time, talents and finances.
- For the development of fresh connections between St Columba’s and our local community, expressed in innovative ways.
- For the opportunity of rest and recreation throughout these summer months, enabling us to face the coming months with fresh energy.
Knockbreda – 16
Rector: Bill Press, Curate: Gerardo Gimpel
- Praise for the glorious good news of Jesus’ death for our sins and his rising again. Rejoice!
- Praise for all the youth outreach going on in the south Belfast area this summer.
- Pray for the proclamation of the Word each week and for the seed to bear fruit in the form of new Christians.
- Pray for faithfulness among the whole congregation, especially in these days when Christian morality is being vilified.
Knocknagoney – 23 July
Rector: David Brown
Our prayer focus points come from our Church Aim: ‘To know Jesus; to show Jesus; to share Jesus’
- Pray that people in our community would be aware that those who meet together on Sundays do so because they’ know Jesus’.
- Pray that they would begin to identify in a personal way, that the church ‘shows Jesus’ and ‘shares Jesus’.
- Pray for a focussed and intentional development of the pastoral team.
- Pray that the Team will be prayerful and whole–hearted in their commitment to this ministry and true and supportive encouragers of each other.
Kilbroney Adventure Camps and JAM Camp – 30 July
Leaders: Tim Burns, Julie Currie and Andrew Brannigan
Dates: 30 July to 3 August – Junior Camp; 4 to 8 August – Middle Camp; 9 to 13 August – Senior Camp; 14 to 16 August – JAM Camp
- Give thanks for the continuing popularity of our camps and for our leadership team.
- Pray for safety on site and during the many activities.
- For meaningful and God–filled devotions together.
- Pray for stamina for the leaders and volunteers.
- That the whole experience would be a joyful and significant one for the campers.
Mount Merrion – 6
Bishop’s Curate: Adrian Green
- For safety over our four holiday clubs taking place in the coming weeks – energy for the leaders and a real impact of God’s Holy Spirit on all who attend.
- For God’s provision for all that we feel He is calling us to do as a church in our local community.
- For more people to come to faith, relationships restored, healings, and people freed from addictions and released from fear.
Gilnahirk – 13 August
Rector: Nigel Kirkpatrick, Curate: Marie Walsh
- For the clergy and ministry team and all our leaders.
- Pray for unity of purpose and direction as the parish faces its challenges and prepares for the future.
- Ministry among children and young people.
- Ministry among the aged and housebound.
- The musical ministry as it grows and develops under the supervision of our new organist and choirmaster.
- All who are in trouble, sorrow, need or any other affliction, that they may know God’s peace and healing.
Willowfield – 20 August
Rector: David McClay; Vicar: James Boyd; Curate: Bill Donoghue
For the potential of the newly refurbished Church Halls:
- That we would use the resource to establish Kingdom seeds in people lives.
- That we would be faithful stewards of the resource that has been entrusted to us.
For the new term of activities starting again in September:
- That we would have wisdom as our regular programmes get up and running after the summer break.
- That we would see any potential gaps and enable new ministries to flourish for the advancement of God’s Kingdom.
For the Rector and staff team:
- That we would function as one team with one purpose to nurture and create an environment where faith can grow.
- That we would lead our volunteers wisely and into place of personal growth.
For our community:
- That we would continue to hold each home and individual close to our hearts in prayer and outreach.
- That we would see more breakthrough in the power of the Holy Spirit into the many areas of need in our parish.
Bible Week – 27 August
Speaker: Bishop Greg Venables.
Each evening at 7.45 pm from Tuesday 29 August– Friday 1 September in Shankill Parish Church, Lurgan
- Pray for Bishop Greg as he teaches us in Romans under the theme: Accept No Imitations. Exploring some of the passages which inspired the Reformation.
- Please pray that many would attend each evening and be encouraged and challenged by the Word of God.
- Pray that as we gather, we would worship God in spirit and in truth.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would speak to and empower us as we enter the autumn term.
Thank you for praying