– 3 March
Rector: Adrian McCartney, Curates: Jacqueline Moulds, Jeremy Moulds
- Our Parish birthday (3 March), the Church of the Transfiguration on the Sunday of the Transfiguration. Please pray that Jesus Christ will be revealed among us today as we celebrate with food, worship, and reflection on where we have come from and where we are going.
- Bishop Pat Storey will be preaching. Pray that we do not attempt to build shelters for Jesus on that mountain top but that we let Him lead us back down into His world, with all its complexity and our nervousness.
- Our mission. We have launched (hopefully) the final twelve–month drive to complete a hospital in India which we have been building for ten years. Pray that the building may be completed, the official accreditation granted, and the staff given the opportunity to work among those who need them.
- Please pray for us as we try to be an inclusive and an including congregation. That “all are welcome”, becomes the reality of “all are welcomed”. We are trying to embrace a variety of ethnic groups, ages, genders, extra needs, sexuality, social backgrounds, and political diversities.
Braniel Community Church – 10 March
Leader: Susan Macfarland
- Please pray that God would pour out His Spirit on the Braniel Estate.
- For spiritual growth in the lives of the congregation of Braniel Community Church.
- Pray for greater opportunities to connect and develop relationships with those who live in the area.
- For those in the community struggling with issues of depression, loneliness and addictions.
- Pray for Susan; for God’s protection, health and for wisdom and guidance in her ministry.
- Pray for our children and youth ministries. For wisdom, encouragement and God’s protection over those who volunteer. Pray for the kids and young people that they would experience God’s love. Pray for the many pressures that they are facing at home and school.
St Patrick’s Day
– 17 March
Our annual celebration takes place on Monday 18 March and focuses on the Persecuted Church worldwide.
- Please pray for our speakers: Eddie Lyle, President of Open Doors UK & Ireland (Saul) and ‘Michael Jones’ from Egypt (Down Cathedral). Pray also for Chris Phillips (Open Doors) as he leads the prayer Pilgrimage.
- We pray that many people will join us in Saul and Down Cathedral and rise to the challenge laid before us.
- Pray that as we hear about the daily realities for persecuted Christians the Holy Spirit will move us to prayer and action and to a fresh appreciation of our freedoms.
Rector: Jono Pierce, Curate: Raymond Kettyle
- Please pray for our forthcoming Thursdays in Lent at 7.30 pm as we look at our identity and explore the 5 marks of mission.
- For Wisdom as we review our staffing needs and that the right people would be available to become part of our team.
- For discernment and vision for the Select Vestry as we look at ways to make our grounds and buildings more accessible for those with mobility issues.
- For the courage and faith to tackle our priorities in the right order as we look at questions of staffing and capital expenditure on the church and buildings.
- For imagination and perseverance in reaching out to young families and the 18–35 generation that are largely absent from our church family at present.
- For our diocesan Lay Reader Gillian Stevenson as she leads us in our Holy week devotions each night at 7.30 pm. May it be a Spirit filled week in which many lives are touched by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
Dundela – 31 March
Rector: Helene Steed
- Please pray for the development of a wide range of singing opportunities for parishioners of all ages and backgrounds and for our Organist Beth Aiken.
- For our children’s and youth ministry and our dedicated leaders.
- Pray for our Lenten Faith exploration programme.
Thank you for praying