Seagoe – 4 November
Rector: Terence Cadden; Curate: Stuart Moles; Evangelist: Jim Fleming
- Pray for the practicalities for the life and worship of the Church during a major restoration of the Church tower from October until February.
- For the Church and Seagoe Youth Group as they work with the Department of Education towards the building of a new youth centre at our premises in Killicomaine estate. Pray also for the forward planning of our activities during the building project.
- For our outreach worker, Jim Fleming, in leading the work in Killicomaine estate.
- For the outreach and life of the Parish during the busy winter season.
- For God’s guidance in our ongoing development to become the people He calls us to be.
Seapatrick – 11 November
Rector: Roderic West; Curates: Catherine Simpson, Andrew Irwin; NSM: Rory Corbett
- Give thanks for God’s unconditional love and faithfulness, his mercy and grace, and for the hope and peace people can know through faith in Christ.
- Please pray for openness and responsiveness to God’s Word, and the work and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Please pray that, as a Church community and as individuals, we will increasingly live out our mission statement of ‘Growing in God’s Love and Sharing it with Others’ – that we will truly be ‘the Church at the heart of Banbridge and Seapatrick’.
- Please pray for all who serve as leaders in the Church, that they will be faithful followers of Jesus Christ, encouraging and enthusing others to faithful and committed discipleship.
- As we look back with remembrance and gratitude at this time, thank God for the liberty and freedom we enjoy because of the sacrifice of others; please pray for all for whom this day is difficult, and that people will use their liberty and freedom wisely and responsibly.
Shankill, Lurgan – 18 November
Rector: Mark Harvey; Curates: Sam Johnston, Gerardo Gimpel; Deacon intern: Karen Salmon
- For our Christmas Tree Festival, 6–9 December. Pray that the theme ‘Jesus Is..’ will arouse interest and questions around the true significance of Christmas.
- For an Alpha Course planned for January 2019 to follow on from the festival.
- For the continued out–working of the 2020 and Beyond strategic review of the Parish as we seek to find appropriate ways to live out our mission of ‘Building Faith | Building Community’.
- Give thanks for the growth of our ministry among teenagers over the past year.
- For the Holy Spirit’s equipping of our staff team and many volunteers for the work of ministry here in Shankill.
St Christopher’s – 25 November
Community Coordinator: Louise Ferguson
Please pray for our ‘Merry across the Mersey’ event which will take place early December:
- That it will build relationships with the local agencies and churches that we work with on this event.
- For new friendships to be built with our closest neighbours and a sense of joy and fun to permeate all the activities.
Our ‘Reverse Advent Boxes” for The Larder (Foodbank):
- That more churches and individuals would get involved this year – putting a grocery item into the box each day.
- That all those coming to donate would experience the warmth of the Larder welcome, the joy of Christmas and how God is meeting needs through his collective people.
Our Sunday morning gatherings:
- That as we prepare for the Christmas season that God would grow our gathering, both in number and in depth.
- That God would inspire us with creativity as we attempt to create something that inspires all ages and abilities.
- That we would exude the love, warmth and welcome of our Heavenly Father.
Pray for Louise as she leads us – give her vision, creativity, boldness and humility.
Thank you for praying