Down & Dromore Mothers’ Union– 6 January
Diocesan President: Roberta Macartney
- Please pray for Roberta Macartney as she becomes the Diocesan President for Down and Dromore today; that God would sustain, inspire and guide her as she leads the Trustee Board and members for the next three years.
- Give thanks for the dedication of all the members and especially for those who lead and sustain projects both centrally and in branches.
- Ask for God’s guidance to identify real areas of need in this diocese relating to family life and for the resources and skills to be able to make a difference.
- Pray as we seek to grow the membership of Mothers’ Union in the Diocese.
Ballyholme– 13 January
Rector: Simon Doogan; Part–Time Assistant: Mercia Flanagan; Intern Deacon: Maithrie White–Dundas
Please pray for:
- The eight men from Ballyholme visiting Kiwoko Hospital Uganda from to 23–29 January.
- Paula Lown and Andrew Watson as they develop our Children’s and Youth ministry.
- Karen Baker as she leads our Seniors and Community programme.
- Kelly McCullough and Ann Browne as they co–ordinate our weekly programme.
- Ian Bell our Musical Director as we recruit a praise leader for Good News at Ten.
- Paula McIlwaine and Denise Wilson as they complete training as Diocesan Readers.
Ballywalter– 20 January
Rector: Sue Bell
- Give thanks for a very positive year which has seen new families join us.
- We also give thanks for an encouraging gift day and the money raised towards the repair of our roof.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to bless and inspire members of the congregation as they seek to grow deeper in their faith.
- Pray that the Lord will lead us more into our community this year, building on what has been achieved so far.
Bangor Abbey– 27 January
Rector: Ronnie Nesbitt; Curate: Mark Gallagher
- Plans for refurbishment of Bangor Abbey in 2019.
- For Sunday Group and engagement with young families through ‘20s and 30s’.
- A new initiative with young men in Kilcooley beginning in February.
Thank you for praying