The Down and Dromore Youth, Children & Families Department is charged with working to resource, equip and enable ministry across parishes with children, young people, leaders and families. We do this through programmes, training, materials provision, parish visits, conversations, advice and so on. Our goal is to see growth take place where it matters – in our local churches.
The team, which is headed by our Diocesan Development Officer, Andrew Brannigan, currently includes a Youth Officer (Tim Burns) and a Children’s Officer (Julie Currie) , as well as a fantastic group of volunteers.
Over the next 3 years we will be implementing a strategy for ‘Community Led Children’s Youth and Families Ministry’ that will strengthen and grow parish–based children’s and youth ministry.
Activities and Events
- Support for confirmation services and the annual confirmation weekend at Castlewellan
- Annual Children’s Praise Party
- Resource Development including a new Sunday School curriculum, ‘Jigsaw’ and ‘Impact’ for Youth Fellowships
- Kilbroney summer camps and a presence at Summer Madness and Catalyst
- Support for Holiday Bible Clubs and Sunday Schools
- Leadership training
- Foundations and Character Course for the 20s and 30s
- Family Support
Telephone: 028 9082 8855
The work of the Down and Dromore Youth Council and that of youth and childrens’ ministries in parishes across the Diocese is supported and facilitated by The Church of Ireland Youth Department:
The Church of Ireland Youth Department was constituted by the General Synod of the Church of Ireland in 1999 to be ‘responsible for the development and co–ordination of Church of Ireland youth ministry.’