Confirmation Youth Weekend – 4 March
Castlewellan Castle, 9–11 March. Leaders: Tim Burns, Julie Currie
- Give thanks for the youth fellowships that meet throughout the diocese and for all those who will be confirmed this year.
- Pray for safety on site and during the many activities.
- For God–filled devotions together.
- Pray for stamina for the leaders and volunteers.
- That the whole experience would be a joyful and significant one for everyone.
St Patrick’s Day Family Celebration – 11 March
Saturday 17 March at Saul Church and Down Cathedral
- Pray for our speakers: Revd Dr Laurence Graham at Saul and Nick Harding at the Festival Service.
- Pray that we would see many new faces and families at our celebrations and that we would sense the presence of God in our worship.
- Pray for the diocesan team and all the practicalities surrounding the day.
- We pray that, like Patrick, we would hear God speak and respond to his call.
Aghaderg, Donaghmore & Scarva – 18 March
Part–time Minister–in–Charge: Karl Teggarty
- We give thanks for God’s hand upon the major building projects in the three Parishes and pray that they will soon come to a successful completion.
- That the evidence of God at work among us will strengthen our faith and bind us together in his love.
- We pray for spiritual revival and renewal across the Parishes.
- As we remember Patrick bringing the light of the Gospel of Christ to pagan Ireland we pray that we too may strive to illume the lives of those who still sit in darkness.
Aghalee – 25 March
Rector: Paul McAdam
- Pray for the candidates who will be confirmed today (Palm Sunday); that their confirmation would be genuinely meaningful to them and that they may continue to grow in faith in the days ahead.
- Pray for God’s guidance and for clarity of vision as we seek ways to develop the spiritual life of our parish family.
- Pray for a sense of unity and purpose amongst all our members as we embark on a major restoration and development project – to restore Holy Trinity Church as a welcoming centre of faith and worship.
- Give thanks for the witness and willingness of our youth and children’s leaders; that, through their witness, our younger members may be nurtured in the faith.
- Ask God to turn our vision outwards, so that we may reach out with His love to the wider community.
Thank you for praying