The Northern Ireland Places of Worship Forum is an opportunity for churches organisations with an interest in faith heritage to meet, share, explore ideas and plan towards the future over issues common to the buildings of all faith traditions.
This Forum meeting will build upon the research carried out by the National Churches Trust and the Department for Communities in 2018 and the productive discussions that have already taken place. The aim is to continue to develop an effective mechanism for faith bodies, heritage bodies and other interested parties to increase communication as well as looking to develop an effective strategy to enable greater support for churches and chapels on common building related issues.
When: Tuesday 8 October from 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Where: Mount Merrion Church, Belfast
The morning will include:
- An update on Northern Ireland Maintenance Project managed by Ulster Historic Churches Trust
- Details of funding and resources currently available to Places of Worship in Northern Ireland
- A showcase of the work taking place at Mount Merrion Parish Church
- Details of a proposed capacity building project for Places of Worship in Northern Ireland
- Planning for future Places of Worship Forums
There will be lunch and an opportunity to network at the end of the meeting which will be chaired by Mrs June Butler MBE.