The National Churches Trust presents a half day workshop, led by professionals, to explore the importance of maintenance and early diagnosis of potential issues and how to stop minor problems becoming major ones.
Speakers include Chris McCollum (Conservation Accredited Building Surveyor specialising in historic buildings) and Nigel Mills (Church Support Officer from the National Churches Trust).
When: Monday 7 October from 10.00 am–12.30 pm
Where: Mount Merrion Church, Belfast
This interactive workshop will cover a variety of practical issues common to Places of Worship in Northern Ireland. These include:
- The benefits of carrying out regular inspections and maintenance;
- Common issues facing churches and how to resolve them;
- How to devise and carry out a simple maintenance plan;
- Making sure you are doing it right (what you can do yourself, what you should get help with, permissions etc)
- New technologies available and cost saving tips and techniques;
- What funding is available to churches in Northern Ireland and how to access it;
- What makes a good funding application (what funders are looking for, top tips from other churches);
- Other sources of help available to churches in Northern Ireland.
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout the session and there will be time at the end to speak on a one–to–one basis.