The Board for Ministry with Children and Families is seeking to appoint a Children and Families Development Officer on a 3–year fixed–term contract.
The Board exists to equip, resource and advocate for the increased welcome, enhanced inclusion and full participation of children and their families in the whole life of the Church. Our vision is that every Church of Ireland parish, no matter how big or small, is equipped to provide vibrant and engaging ministry with children and families.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing the Board’s 3–year strategy, and assisting dioceses throughout the island to develop their own plans for ministry with children and families.
- Providing or facilitating relevant training for staff, volunteers, clergy and others.
- Identifying, developing, distributing and promoting relevant resources to support ministry with children and families in parishes across the Church of Ireland.
- Developing effective communications, including ensuring the development and management of a database of volunteers and staff in dioceses and parishes who work in ministry with children and families.
- Being a source of advice for clergy, staff and volunteers on a range of matters relevant to ministry with children and families.
- Advocating on behalf of Ministry with Children and Families within the Church of Ireland and beyond as appropriate.
- A 3rd level qualification in a relevant field (e.g. children’s work, teaching, or childcare).
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant post–qualification experience.
- Experience of team working and strong inter–personal skills.
- Experience of working with volunteers and staff across a range of agencies.
- Excellent administration skills including competence in the use of email, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- The use of a car as travel throughout the island of Ireland will be necessary.
- Ability to be flexible working hours and work evenings and weekends (appropriate time in lieu will be given).
- Ability to work in the Republic of Ireland and/or Northern Ireland and travel throughout the common travel area and the rest of the UK.
There is an occupational requirement for the post–holder to be a practising Christian, able to subscribe to the principles outlined in “Being a Christian” at THIS LINK.
We will recruit either one full–time role or two job share roles. The role/s will be based in Dublin or Belfast, depending on the successful candidates, with some travel required throughout the island of Ireland.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please download and complete the application form and send it, along with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. (Please indicate on the cover letter your preference for the full time role or one of the job share roles.)
More information is contained in the briefing paper available here.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 October 2021 at 4.00 pm