It’s not too late to book for Building Blocks!Wednesday 31 October 2018
The Building Blocks Children’s Ministry Conference is better than ever and it’s not too late to book!
Packed full of ideas to inspire, engage and resource your Children’s Ministry, the conference will be taken place on Saturday, 10th November, from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm in St Andrew’s College, Booterstown, Co. Dublin.
Victoria Beech from GodVenture is the keynote speaker and will be joined by Elke Koker from Tearfund; Julie Currie, the Diocesan Children’s Officer for Down and Dromore; Nicky Blair, from the Irish Methodist Youth and Children’s Department; teacher and counsellor Helen Groves; and Martyn Payne from Bible Reading Fellowship and Messy Church.
A wide variety of seminars will be available:
- Faith at home with Under 5s – learn from Victoria how to equip families to explore faith in simple, fun ways;
- Celebrating Jesus at Christmas – lots of creative ideas from Victoria for Advent and Christmas time;
- Children and Justice: ‘walking in someone else’s shoes’ – an interactive workshop with Elke exploring practical ways to mobilise children towards a more just and sustainable world.
- Messy Science – use simple science experiments to explore the Bible with Julie in creative ways;
- Music and Memory Verses – sing the Scriptures with Nicky!
- Mental Health and Children – a proactive and practical approach by Helen to the well–being of the children in our care;
- Bible Story Telling: Get energised and learn simple effective methods for Bible story telling from Martyn that can be used throughout the year.
Extra teaching sessions will take place during lunch. Take time in our prayer spaces or speak to a member of the Building Blocks team if you need help identifying new programmes or resources for your specific Children’s Ministry.
To book online, go to the Eventbrite page for the conference: (tickets are €35)
To download a booking form and for more seminar information, click here.