Short term mission opportunities with CMSISunday 10 June 2018
Each year, CMS Ireland facilitates a number of Short–Term Experience Placements (STEPs) with our Global Partners. It may be easy to think that not much can change in a three–week visit, or even a nine–month placement, but these experiences often change people in ways that continue to have an impact for many years.
STEPs can last from a few weeks to 18–months and are self–funded. They’re a great way to use your holidays, a career break or some ‘available time’ to share your skills and play your part.
It’s a chance for you to get involved in what God is doing across the world. An opportunity to experience another culture, share the love of Jesus in practical ways, inspire others for mission and let God work in your life every step of the way.
STEP opportunities with CMS Ireland are wide and varied, based either in Africa or Nepal.
CMSI is looking for people (18 +) who want to serve God and learn more about Global Mission. They require people who have lots of stamina, are self–motivated, easy to get on with, flexible in their approach and able to work well in a team.
- Trade skills: painting, joinery, electrical work, plumbing or general DIY
- Experience of working with children/young people
- Able to teach English or French to primary or secondary school age groups
- Website design, publishing skills or videography
- Administration skills
- Medical skills
- Drama or Musical talent – with the ability to train others
- Artistic flair and interest in all things ‘crafty’
Pictured above, Revd William Jeffrey, deacon in Killaney & Carryduff, in Zambia in 2017.