Church Life 2017
14 Nov 2017
Are you involved in the worship, outreach or administration in your church? Do you have an interest in how your church engages with poverty, homelessness and addiction in your local community? Are you concerned about other huge issues affecting NI society – like abortion, dementia and the growing need for food banks?
The Church Life 2017 event will offer a range of relevant seminars for churches, plus keynote speakers and a range of resources.
When: Tuesday 14
Where: The Crowne Plaza Hotel, Shaw’s Bridge, Belfast
Cost: Seminars are free. Keynote speaker sessions are £15 each and include tea and coffee.
- Fundraising for Faith Groups: includes details of funders who support faith groups.
- Data Protection Law: the key requirements to comply with the new legislation.
- Introduction to Social Media – how to get your message across.
- Good Governance: have direction, plan ahead, be effective.
- Churches, Charities and Equalities Law.
- ‘A Life of Prayer’ with David Jardine.
- Poverty in Northern Ireland – how can churches respond?
- Sharing The Bible in Your Community.
- Homelessness in Your Community – how your church can help.
- Addiction: supporting and helping those in need.
- A Vision for Society.
- The Use of Defibrillators in Your Church and Your Community.
- Both Lives Matter: Looking at pregnancy crisis and abortion.
- The Truth About Food Banks.
- Practical Pastoral Care for People with Dementia.
- How Do We Tackle Hate Crime?
- Digital Audio Consoles for the Church.
- Resources for Christmas & New Year
Check out the full details of seminars on the Church Resources Online website here.
Full details of this year’s Keynote sessions, ‘Being Good Neighbours’ delivered by Dr John Kyle and ‘The Gift of Years’ with Debbie Thrower, are available online here.