We’re delighted that our Bible Week speaker, Revd Greg Downes, will be with us for the month of September. During this time Greg will speak and minister at events around the diocese. Everyone is welcome!
An opportunity to receive prayer for healing in the context of worship and the ministry of the Word. Our prayer ministry teams will be drawn from The Church’s Ministry of Healing, Interdenominational Divine Healing Ministries and New Wine Ireland.
- Tuesday 5 September at 7.30pm: St Molua’s Stormont
- Tuesday 12 September at 7.30pm: Kilhorne Church, Annalong
- Tuesday 19 September at 7.30pm: St Saviour’s, Greyabbey
- Tuesday 26 September at 7.30pm: All Saints, Tullylish
Three Harvest Services with Greg Downes where we give thanks to God for the fruits of the City, the Sea and the Land.
- Thursday 21 September at 7.30pm: Harvest of the City, St Mary’s, Newry. Although it has a different flavour, harvest thanksgiving is an important occasion for city dwellers. It’s a time to remind ourselves of the provenance of our food and its abundance and to share with others who are in need.
- Sunday 24 September at 3.00pm: Harvest of the Sea, Kilkeel Harbour. Our diocese is home to four major harbours – Warrenpoint, Kilkeel, Ardglass and Portavogie – and an important fishing industry. In this service we celebrate all that the sea gives us and the crews that often risk their lives to bring in the catch.
Wednesday 27 September at 7.30pm: Harvest of the Land, St Mary’s Comber. Agriculture and farming are integral to our food supply and our economy. Join us in the farmlands of Down Diocese to celebrate those who work the land and all that it supplies.
CONCERTS WITH KERYGMA CHOIR
Greg will preach during a faith–filled and uplifting evening of music from Kerygma, the Good News Choir.
- Friday 22 September at 7.30pm: St Jude’s Church, Belfast
- Thursday 28 September at 7.30pm: St Paul’s, Castlewellan
EVENINGS OF WORSHIP MINISTRY AND TEACHING
Monday Celebrations with New Wine Ireland and teaching from Greg. Contemporary worship and an opportunity for prayer ministry.
- Monday 11 September at 8.00pm: St John’s, Lurgan
- Monday 18 September at 8.00pm: St Mark’s, Newtownards
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FAMILY FUN DAY MENTIONED ON THE FLYER HAS BEEN POSTPONED
GREG WILL PREACH AT OUR DIOCESAN CATHEDRALS
Services of Celebration at our diocesan cathedrals as the September Mission enters its last week.
- Sunday 24 September at 11.00am: Down Cathedral
- Sunday 24 September at 7.00pm: Dromore Cathedral
Revd Greg Downes is the Director of Kingfisher Ministries and the Theologian & Missioner of St Mary’s, Cogges near Oxford. He is a passionate follower of Jesus, dedicated to using his life and gifts to extend Christ’s Kingdom. Greg is an evangelist, practical theologian and ordained minister of the Church of England. He is a gifted and humorous communicator, and his talks are a mix of biblical teaching, story, theology, and kingdom testimony.