St. Brendan’s, Larkfield Road, Belfast
Office Opening Times:
St. Brendan’s Church is located on the Larkfield Road in Sydenham, Belfast 4, and may be accessed via Connsbrook Avenue and Palmerston Road, both of which are off the Holywood Road, East Belfast.
- Rev Ian Cruickshank
We are a friendly Church, eager to welcome and integrate new members. Over the last couple of years we have experienced God transforming our Church, providing and blessing us far beyond our expectations. We have seen people coming to faith or being renewed in it. Youth and children’s work remains an importatnt priority for us and we have experienced considerable growth. We will continue in our efforts to integrate our young people into the Church family. We are blessed to have such an eager team of youth leaders. We have a dedicated choir and our worship has become more real, alive and meaningful and members of the Church are using their musical gifts to accompany the praise with various instruments. Our main mission partners are ‘Fields of Life’ and ‘Open Doors’
We seek to continue to grow as a family of God, encouraging one another and growing in our knowledge and love of God. Our fellowship is enhanced by events like our annual Church weekend away when we come together for teaching, prayer, worship and fun. We endeavour to communicate and show God’s love to the people of Sydenham, and the wider world, that they may be won for Jesus Christ. We want to encourage more young families and young people to worship with us and to seek God for their lives. We also want to bridge the gap between the hall and the church, encouraging our young people. In everything we do, we seek to glorify Christ.
11.30am: Main Morning Service including Kidzone (creche available)
Holy Communion: 3rd Sunday
7pm: Evening Service
- Rainbows – Mondays @ 6.30pm (ages 4–7)
- Mothers’ Union – 2nd Monday of the month @ 8.00pm
- Brownies – Tuesdays @ 6.30pm (ages 8–10)
- Girl Guides – Tuesdays @ 7.30pm (age 10 upwards)
- Indoor Bowls – Wednesdays @ 2.00pm
- Squirrels – Wednesdays @ 6.30pm (ages 4–6)
- Beavers – Thursdays @ 6.30pm (ages 6–8)
- Cubs – Thursdays @ 6.30pm (ages 8 – 10)
- Good News Club – Fridays @ 6.30pm (ages 4–11)
- We meet for prayer every Sunday after the evening service.
- A Meeting of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous is held in our Victoria Room every Wednesday night @ 8.30pm