Down Group of Churches
Down Parish Church (St. Margaret), Downpatrick
Chapel of Ease, Hollymount, Downpatrick
St. John, Clanmaghery Road, Tyrella
Loughinisland Parish Church, Newcastle Road, Seaforde
Office Opening Times:
Down Group of Churches
T: (028) 4461 2286
- St. Margaret: In the centre of Downpatrick, in Church Ave with access at two points, from Church Street and from Church Avenue (upper gate always unlocked).
- Hollymount: coming from Downpatrick towards Clough, turn off the road to the right after just over a mile from the town at the sign for the church and follow the Drumcullan Road for about a mile to the church.
- Seaforde: at edge of the village as you leave the village on the main road to Ballynahinch on the right up a long avenue.
- Tyrella: drive a short distance from Tyrella Beach on the main coastal road towards Clough/Newcastle and the church is on the road on the left.
- The Revd Stuart Burns (Rector)
(028) 4461 2286
- The Revd John Scott (Associate Minister)
We are four churches wanting to be contextual, prayerful, worshipful and family–like.
We do all we can to make children feel at ease and valued in our churches. We provide for them through a mixture of traditional Sunday School, occasional family services, short children’s addresses every Sunday in two churches (Tyrella and Hollymount) and table–based activities in others.
We seek to nurture lay–people in sharing in ministry, even in a naturally shy culture.
We have have strong relationships with other Christian denominations, especially at the level of our leadership.
Our services are open to all of course. If you come along as a new–comer please make yourself known to the minister on the day so that we can get your details and follow you up. All baptised Christians who would normally be communicants in their own churches are warmly welcome to share in our services of Holy Communion.
The Rector, assisted by a couple of other trained people, is available to meet with you or visit you if you would like pastoral support or assistance.
Our numbers are rather static these days but we want to grow and increase our attractiveness to those who are not yet a part of the church. We would like to strengthen our presence in our communities with both service as well as evangelical outreach.
8.30am: Holy Communion (St. Margaret, Downpatrick)
10am: Morning Service (in both Hollymount & Seaforde).Holy Communion: 3rd Sunday; Family Service: 4th Sunday (Seaforde)
11.30am: Morning Service (St. Margaret, Downpatrick). Holy Communion: 1st Sunday; Family Service: 4th Sunday
6.00pm: Evening Service (Tyrella). Holy Communion: 2nd Sunday. Tyrella service is at 10am in July and August.
There is provision for young children in each church.
- Evergreens - food and fellowship for retired people - 7 Mondays in the year @ 1.00pm - details available from Rector.
- Boys' Brigade - Fridays @ 7.30pm in Down Parish Hall.
- Seasonal Bible Studies